Wednesday 5 August 2015

Introduction

After graduating university last year I was in dire need of a hobby as I had too much free time and not enough direction. In September my mum held a Macmillan coffee morning at our house and I was told to bake some cakes for the guests to enjoy. Turns out I enjoy baking and especially decorating cakes.

I want to improve my skills and challenge myself, as so far I have stuck to recipes I am comfortable with, such as Victoria Sponges. So I am using the 2015 Great British Bake Off as a reason to challenge myself and learn to bake some new things. Every week I will be baking one or two of the three recipes which the GBBO bakers will be making that week. They will look nothing like what the bakers make on television, so don't expect to see any of those beautiful creations here! This is just real, messy and stressful home baking at its finest.

WARNING: I have no idea what I'm doing! I just follow recipes and have a go. There will be so many mistakes, disasters and tears - mostly mine but also of those who have to eat my food.

Below are a few pictures of things I have made in the last year. As you can see, they are quite simple recipes and I'm still at the beginner stage.

Raspberry Palmiers

Mincemeat Pinwheels

Birthday cake for my Mom (This was my fave bake)

A little birthday cake for me!

Join me on my baking journey to hopefully being a better baker and not giving anyone food poisoning!

Danielle xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment